Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Weekend

Let's see... how did this weekend go?  It was a pretty decent weekend. :)

I don't have classes on Fridays, so Friday was pretty typical... just sitting around doing lots of nothing.  I hungout with Patrick until 10 or so and then came back home to do some laundry.  I washed his bedding but neglected my own laundry.  Instead I took a nap and watched some tv.  Take Home Chef was on at 4 and 4:30, so I HAD to watch that before I picked Luke up for work.  Curtis Stone is very sexy and I love him. :)
So, I worked from 5-10 on Friday night.  It was a great night at work.  There were a lot of people there and everyone was in a good mood.  We were really busy, so eventually everyone had to buckle down and get to work.  Oh, I work at Bella Avanti's... it's a little Italian restaurant. Anyway, even though we got really busy everyone was still in a really good mood, well until our boss showed up.  She always brings us down.  She tries to make us feel dumb.  I always explain it like this... she tells us she wants us to do something but doesn't tell us directions or how to get the job done.  So, we start to do it our own way and then halfway through she comes back and tells us we're doing it wrong.  I just wish she would tell us how she wants it done the first time.  However, I think even then she would still make us feel stupid.  And when we do know how to do something, she always asks us, are you sure?  And checks up on us and double checks our work.  It's a great day when we do something right and get to say, "Yeah we know." or "Yes we did that."  Because she walks away, with this sad look on her face... similar to that of a beaten puppy.

After work a bunch of us went over to Neica's house to play some beer pong.  That was a lot of fun, but there were way more people there than normal.  I left at 10 til 1, because I told Patrick I would come over before 1.  I had to get to sleep anyway because I had to be up at 7 the next morning to do a charity walk.

Saturday I woke up at 7 and got dressed to walk in 35* weather.  My friend Katie picked me up at 7:30 and we went to the Student Center to wait for 4 more girls.  Only 1 girl showed up.  So, the 3 of us went to the Convention Center to get registered.  Last year at this same walk there were only 300 people. This year, there were around 700 people, it was AWESOME!!  This walk is a mile walk and all the money raised goes to a men's shelter called The Muncie Mission.  Last year's proceeds went to getting the men new beds and this year they are getting new kitchen equipment for the new shelter that is being built.  We got done with  the walk at 9:50 and I went back to bed. :)  Patrick let me sleep until about noon.  Then, we watched some tv and I left to get ready for work.  I hungout with Laura until 2:30 and then went to pick Neica up for work.  I worked from 3-10 and again we were BUSY!!  Business has been really good lately and that is great news!  After work I went to Patrick's and watched him and his friend Jeremy take turns playing Call of Duty 4 on his X-BOX 360.  Boys... :P  Finally at 1:30 I was exhausted and I took a shower and went to bed.

This morning we went to Taco Bell for lunch and here I am now... 

I'll update more later... I'm sure you're all dying... 

No comments: