Monday, January 12, 2009

Church Ski Trip

Oh man, what a long weekend!! :/

On Friday I had to run to Ivy Tech to figure out my class schedule.  Of course I had to drop the two classes that got cancelled, but I picked them back up as online classes.  Which leaves me with 3 online classes and 1 classroom class for the semester.  Hopefully I'll do well in them, I'm a little nervous about the online classes.  After I did that I went to church to meet the youth group for the ski trip.  We left around 4:30 and got to our cabins in Michigan around 9:30.  Some of us stayed up until 1:30 playing games and talking.

The next morning we woke up around 7:30 to eat breakfast and to get ready for a day of skiing.  We got to the slopes at 10 and stayed until 8:30.  Everyone had a BLAST!!  I have been skiing a couple of times prior to this trip, but it's been at least 3 years.  I fell a few times at the beginning but then I got my mojo back and didn't fall for the rest of the day.  Only 3 of the kids weren't interested in night skiing and wanted to go back to the cabins, so I had to stay too.  Man, it stinks being a chaperone. :(  No, night skiing was fun, so I didn't mind.  After we got back to our cabins, that's when I started feeling the pain.  It started as pain in my calves, but that's obvious because the boots hold your legs in an awkward position.  When I was sitting on my bed I noticed pain in my shoulders, neck, arms, well basically in the rest of my body.  So, I took a nice hot shower and then promptly went to bed.

We woke up the next morning at 7:30 and everyone was in pain.  Kady and I packed our bags and finally managed to drag our feet to breakfast.  It was alright, nothing special.  After breakfast we had a short church service where we sang. :) Hooray singing!!  We all packed up the cars and headed home.  We got home around 3:45.  I was so exhausted and sore that I slept from 4 until 8 this morning.

Today Frankie and I went to Lafayette to sell back my books and he got his I.D.  And now I am just trying to get stuff for school.  My first class is tonight at 5:30 and hopefully it won't be that boring.  It's just a class about Microsoft Office... *yawn*

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Hope your class went well! Let me know next time you drive through Indy--stop by and see the girls!