Monday, March 15, 2010

What happened?

So, all of my friends are either getting engaged, getting married, or getting pregnant and here I am... single Ashley living in Mom and Dad's house. How awesome am I?

This time last year, I was on top of the world. I thought I'd finally found my Prince Charming and I'd be getting my "Happily Ever After." Now, I'd give anything to go back three years knowing what I know now. I'd ignore that metal kid with the argyle sweater, bald head, goatee, chain wallet, and tennis shoes. I'd tell him no thank you and that I wasn't looking to date anyone.

It's been almost 6 months and I don't think it gets any easier.

2 comments:

Ashley C. Ford said...

I promise you that it get's easier. It's been 7 months for me, and every day is starting to get a little better. But it IS getting better. I love you twinny-poo.

Elaine said...

it truly truly DOES get easier! You just have to put yourself out there, stay positive and be your quirky Ashley self. No one thinks you're pathetic or anything like that for living at home. Here's a quote by Marilyn Monroe that I keep hanging in my room for feelings like this:

"I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

everyone has these rough patches, and the right one comes along when you're not even looking.