Friday, August 1, 2008

Sorry... again...

Not that anyone actually reads this... but I apologize for my LONG LONG absence.

This summer has just flown by!! I started the summer out with high hopes and a good outlook.  And boy was I wrong...  At the beginning of the summer, I was working anywhere from 45-60 hours a week.  I hardly got to see Patrick and I never saw any of my friends.  I was always so tired and my room was a constant mess.  The pay was nice, but it wasn't worth my lack of sanity.

Since then, I have been working a mere 35 hours a week and I get to see Patrick every night for a couple of hours.  On my days off I hangout with a couple of girls at whatever pool we can get our hands on.  It really pays to know lots of people with pools.  So, we would just hop from pool to pool every week.  And on days that I don't work until 4, I either try to get some stuff done around the house or hangout with friends.  On days that I work until 4... I spend the evening with Katie, my bff and then when Patrick gets off work we all hangout.  So, really the summer is looking up!! :)

Right now, Patrick is back at Ft. Knox.  He has been there since last Saturday and will be there until August 9th.  It really sucks not being able to see him.  We do get to talk occasionally through text-messaging, but that's just not the same.  After I get off work at 4 on August 10th, Katie, Bobby, Patrick and I are driving down to Florida for a week. And the 4 of us couldn't be more excited!! We don't have a lot planned, we're all just so tired of working all the time and we would really like to do something exciting!!  We'll have a free place to stay, so we just have to pay for food and gas.

I have done a lot of shopping this summer.  So, I have lots of cute new clothes, but no money... whoops. Oh well.  I just love summer and the sun and water and free time!! And I'm 21 now... so life is just getting good. :)

However, I don't know what I'm going to do with my life. :(  I need to get a job and I need to take classes.  I don't want to live at home anymore, but I don't know where I should live.  I don't know if I want to move to Lafayette and take classes at Ivy Tech and then try to find a job there.  That would mean that I wouldn't get to see Patrick that much. And then, living on my own and paying bills would mean that I wouldn't have any money.  Or I could live at home and drive to Michigan City to take classes.  But then where would I work?  So really I'm asking you my avid blog reader to plan out my life for me... please and thank you!! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Even in England I read your blog! Since you are asking for advice, here's what I have to say. Go back to Ball State and finish there. Then get a job for a year in that field. If you find you don't like it, you can always take classes at Purdue or Ivy Tech or somewhere else and get a graduate degree of some sort. You are still young and you have lots of time to figure out what you want to do. You'll kick yourself in the ass pretty hard down the road (trust me, I've recently been in contact with some high school friends who decided not to finish college) if you don't at least get that Bachelors. A lot of jobs don't even care what your degree is in, just so long as you have one.

So anyway, don't make any rash decisions. Go back to school, get your degree, then get a job and live on your own. Career paths aren't like marriage - you can change as often as you like. And there's no saying you can't love more than one career. I loved teaching. But I also love my business. Two very different things, and I enjoyed them both. I'm sure I could find other jobs to like too. There's not one right answer.

Enough rambling. Time for English beer.